Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Happy Birthday MJ!!

MJ turned 6 on Saturday. He had an airplane themed birthday party. It turned out great! Here is a rundown of everything that went on.

First were the decorations.

Clouds!
These are clouds to hang on the ceiling with fishing line and tape. I used fake snow from Hobby Lobby. I got the idea here and of course found it on Pinterest. 

Birthday Banner!
I made this with a bunch of cardstock and scrapbook paper that I collect as I find them on clearance at Hobby Lobby. You gotta love Hobby Lobby. I get packs of regular priced $19.99 scrapbook paper on clearance for $4! And no, I don't do any scrapbooking...lol. I just like the paper and know I can put it to good use for crafts and decorating. If I ever decide to scrapbook though, I'll be set.


Then came the activities.

We have the party setup as a Flight Academy. The kids got a name badge, a training log and a pilot's license once they complete their training (play the games). I got the idea from this post. So I'm basically a big copy cat and love my Pinterest!


The last activity was to eat the cake and then they completed the course!


Thanks to all our friends and family who celebrated this wonderful day with us. It was very special for MJ! 

Here is his finished present!




Jenn

No comments:

Post a Comment